One day to go until the big day. But if we’re honest, singleness is bigger than Valentines Day. So these are just couple of points I’ve tried myself and wanted to share.
- Don’t believe the lie that you have to look perfect on Valentines Day or any other day. Perfection is maturity and maturity requires growth. As long as you are being the best version of yourself you are already perfect.
- You’re not alone. You are a part of a connection with other people that care about and for you. Surround yourself with those people.
- When searching for a partner stay away from obsessing about “the One” and try to focus more on what you need in a partner at this juncture in your life or if you need one.
- Don’t create excuses for your singleness. It is not as complicated as you are making it and at the end of the day, all you’re doing is lowering your self-esteem. (etc, I am single because I am a certain ethnicity, overweight..etc) You have to get outside of yourself.
- Be intentional and on purpose in your singleness. Go and do something. Be a part of something.
- You don’t have to get used to being the only single one in the group. Create outings and the atmosphere in which you can thrive. Create events that you can look forward to.
- Don’t have pity-parties.
- Work on your heart, don’t think of valentines as a day of what you can expect or get but rather think of it as a day where you get to express love (love is expressed in different forms, it’s not all romantic or physical).
- Love is not exclusive to couples. People can love other people. Check your thinking!
What do you think of the list? Am I missing anything? Tell me. Tell me.